Monday 25 January 2010

Sewing Books

Last week I went to the largest bookshops in Madrid to get some sewing books. However, there isn't a wide offer around my city (or nothing as eye-catching as the books I always see on the net) so, I came back home empty-handed. I have no other option than order them through the net. These are the ones I wish:
La semana pasada fui a las librerias más grandes de Madrid para comprar algunos libros de costura. Sin embargo, no hay una gran oferta en mi ciudad (o no tan llamativa como los libros que siempre veo en la red) así que volví con las manos vacías. No tengo otra opción que pedirlos por internet. Estos son los que quiero:


I think it's getting time to take my amateur sewing further and try to create some skirts for next seasons, don't you think?

Pues si, creo que ya va siendo hora de llevar un poco más allá mi costura de principiante e intentar hacer alguna que otra faldita para las estaciones venideras, ¿no crees?


Any other suggestion?
¿Alguna otra sugerencia?

2 comments:

  1. Plenty of suggestions...just no time!!
    I'm keeping you in mind, though, and will respond properly this weekend! besos de gran bretana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm....let me think about it. I don't use a lot of books, but I love the Warm Fuzzies book by Betz White. It uses recycled wool sweaters to make new things. I love everything that I've made from that book. I have the Sew What Skirts book and I like it, although have to admit to not having made anything, LOL! Maybe that will be my goal for this spring. I looked at both of those other books in the bookstore recently and I've thought of getting them but wasn't sold. I also thought about the new One Yard Wonders book, but was disappointed that almost all the children's patterns were for girls. That just irritates me as a mama to boys.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment ;)