Sunday 24 January 2010

Two

I have always felt myself very lucky for having both a year-older sister and a mum who used to sew the same pretty dresses for us. Some day, I'll dedicate a post to show you some more of these.
Siempre me he sentido afortunada de tener una hermana mayor y una madre que cosía los mismos vestiditos para las dos. Algún día dedicaré un post a mostraros alguno más.


Cloe is one of my best friend's daughter, and she turned 3 last week. She's an only child, the same as my two-year-old niece. Cloe's birthday inspired me to sew two equal fabric baskets for them both, as my mum used to do twenty years ago.
Cloe es la hija de una de mis mejores amigas y cumplió nada menos que tres añitos la semana pasada. Cloe es hija única, igual que mi sobrina de dos años. Su cumpleaños me inspiró el coser dos cestitas idénticas para ellas, como mi madre solía hacer hace veinte años.


I have used Pink Penguin's tutorial again, and as Squirrel Acorns told me she liked the striped candy fabric I used on the inside of my former fabric basket I have also used it this time in white and blue.
He utilizado el tutorial de Pink Penguin de nuevo, y como Squirrel Acorns me dijo que le gustó la tela interior de rayas que utilizé en mi anterior cesta de tela la he vuelto a utilizar, pero esta vez en azul y blanco.

6 comments:

  1. Those are so cute!! I just love the liberty fabrics!
    Hey - is that your mum on the pic? Funky dress...I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I've got you always leaving nice comments!
    Yes, that funky-dressed girl is my mum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought Weekend Sewing, by Heather Ross last year and have done quite a few projects from it. Shorts for my kids, a skirt for myself, gardening gloves, a big bag... You probably know it. I think it's great! Good luck! and have fun!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have a look at it just right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great! What is the fabric that you used on the bottom of the basket?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's an old recycled table cloth that my mum gave me years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment ;)